Thursday, November 19, 2009

Physical therapy is getting challenging.

The physical therapy is beginning to get more challenging and I'm having quite a bit of soreness afterwards now. But I'm already noticing improvement in my foot and ankle. I'm able to walk around the house in just my socks with only a slight limp and I only have to put the boot on to leave the house. However, I do still sleep with the boot on just because I'm afraid my husband might accidently kick my foot during the night. LOL

The therapist said I should bring my other shoe in soon so that we can work on getting me into it. Unfortunately when I tried the shoe on the other night, I realized that it no longer fits. My foot is so long that the toes rub up against the end of the shoe. So I've ordered new shoes and they should arrive some time next week. It will be exciting to get back into a real shoe again.

I'm less than a month away from the next surgery...time is really flying! Even though I've been through this all before, I'm beginning to get a little nervous. I hate to start all over again but I just keep reminding myself that this is the last time I will ever have to do this. The other day my mom said "Aren't you glad you're not an octopus?" My answer..."YES! I am sooo glad I don't have 8 feet!" LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment