Saturday, November 14, 2009

Physical therapy begins

I went to my first physical therapy appointment yesterday. I was a little nervous that my foot would be sore afterwards but it wasn’t. The exercises were pretty simple. I used a few exercise machines designed to help strengthen my ankle and increase my range of motion. My ankle is pretty weak from being in the cast. I was also given a stretchy band and a list of exercises to take home. I’m supposed to do each exercise twice a day, 20 times each.
The home exercises are pretty simple. I put the loop of the band over my injured foot and then pull against the band. I can increase the resistance just by holding the band tighter. It’s a bit challenging; by the time I get to 20 my foot is just about worn out.
The most exciting part was when the therapist told me that I should be back into my normal shoe by December 1st!! Wow, I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment