Monday, February 22, 2010

Driving is SWEET!!

I’ve been driving for over a week now. It’s awesome! It’s so nice to be able to just get up and go anytime I want without having to talk someone else into taking me.

happy monkey

I’m walking a lot better than I did last time around. People at work are always commenting on how well I’m walking even though I haven’t had the boot off very long. I think part of it has to do with the fact that I wasn’t afraid to walk on my foot this time. Last time I was so afraid I was going to hurt myself that I was very cautious walking. I’m still having issues with being able to bend my ankle all the way but I’m sure that will come with time.

Physical Therapy is getting very challenging. One of the therapists joked that their motto was “walk in, limp out”…I told him that was pretty close to the truth! LOL But I’m noticing a difference already so I’m trying to be patient.

My balance is a little worse right now because neither of my ankles are back to their original strength yet but I expect that to come with time. The therapist has me doing some balance exercises along with the strengthening exercises. I do fine as long as I’m walking but as soon as I stop and try to stand still with nothing to touch for balance I have a little problem. So I end up kinda moving my feet around rather than standing in one spot. So people probably think I have ants in my pants or have been drinking! LOL

I learned last week that it can always be worse. My dad had complete knee replacement surgery. The poor guy looks like he’s in so much pain and he had to get up and walk on the new knee the same day of the surgery!! I can’t even imagine having to walk on my foot the same day of my surgery…unbelievable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment