Sunday, November 29, 2009

Wearing a normal shoe!!

The physical therapist had me bring in my new shoes last Wednesday (I wear a half size bigger now). We did the entire therapy session in the shoes and he told me I could start wearing my shoes for a half day and then work my way up a little everyday until I reached a whole day in my shoes. However, I must say that I’ve been a naughty girl…it felt soooo good to be out of that boot that I’ve been wearing my shoes all day since Wednesday. I haven’t had any problems. Of course, Thursday was Thanksgiving so I didn’t do much walking around and Friday was “Black Friday” so I only went out of the house for a short while to avoid the craziness in the stores. However, I did do several hours of shopping on Saturday and I put up the Christmas tree Saturday night. So my foot has been aching a bit today. I’ve stayed off it most of the day and have been icing it off and on. But I’m very excited to be back in normal shoes again!

I would definitely recommend ordering wide-width shoes because your foot will still be swelling off and on while wearing the shoe and you definitely don’t want to be forcing your foot into a shoe that’s too tight!

I ordered the New Balance 769 in double wide. They are very comfortable…and cute too!!

NewBalance769

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dana,
    I compliment you on your handling of your blog. You really give a good run down on your surgery. Your personal experience will, I am sure, help many others. It is hard to believe is already December. Christmas is almost here. It will be a great present to have your feet fixed. I am praying that this operation will be less painful and your healing very fast. Have a Merry Christmas! Gilbert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Uncle Gilbert! I appreciate your compliments!
    Yes, I can't believe it's almost Christmas already...time sure flies!
    I hope you and Carol have a great Christmas! Tell Lance I said "HI"...I haven't seen him in ages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dana,

    Thanks for your message, I will be careful not to do too much to quick! I think I said I was getting my cast off on 12th December, I meant 10th, which is tomorrow! I can't wait to get the air to my foot and hopefully get off these crutches!

    Not long now until you get your other foot done! I bet your excited, I can't wait until both my feet are done, it feels like a long time away, but I can't wait!

    I will let you know how I am going with walking boot.

    Laura
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I bet you're super excited about getting the walking boot tomorrow! I know I was! I hope the weather is better for you there. We're currently in the middle of a blizzard of all things! I can see that I won't be leaving the house much after next week's surgery...I don't think the weather is going to cooperate. But it's worth it...I'm really looking forward to having the other foot done. I was laying in bed last night looking at both feet together and I was amazed at how bad my "old" foot looked. I guess you just get used to the way things look and until they change you don't realize how bad they actually were. Good luck tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete